There are basically five simple steps to ICSI which include the following:
1. The mature egg is held with a specialized pipette.
2. A very delicate, sharp, and hollow needle is used to immobilize and pick up a single sperm.
3. This needle is then carefully inserted through the shell of the egg and into the cytoplasm of the egg.
4. The sperm is injected into the cytoplasm, and the needle is carefully removed.
5. The eggs are checked the following day for evidence of normal fertilization.
Once the steps of ICSI are complete and fertilization is successful, the embryo transfer procedure is used to place the healthy embryos in the woman’s uterus. The female can go home the same day and is advised rest for a few days. Two weeks after the embryo transfer, a test is done to detect pregnancy. The IVF-ICSI specialist may use a blood test or ultrasound to determine if implantation and pregnancy has occurred.Overall, ICSI is a procedure we follow in cases where we suspect the sperm count or motility or the sperm quality will not be sufficient to fertilize the eggs on its own, therefore, we assist the sperm in fertilizing the eggs. At Go IVF clincis, we use ICSI as a standard procedure, hence, it does not cost anything extra on top of the low cost IVF program.
The decision of the number of embryos to be transferred is taken by the IVF specialist after the ICSI Treatment procedure. she will take a call on the number of embryos to be transferred in you. She will also consul you and then does the transfer. The IVF specialist will normally transfer 3 – 4 good looking embryos in the female intended parent.
If you are coming for ICSI with your own eggs, you will needs to stay for 18 – 21 days in India. If you are coming for ICSI with an egg donor, the donor would be started on medications prior to your arrival and your stay would be for 10 days in India. A hotel or a decent guest house near the clinic can be arranged for you.
ICSI at one of our IVF centre in India can cost you between USD 4500 – 5500 for the entire cycle with your own eggs. Hormonal medications are included in the package. If you need an egg donor too, there would be an additional cost as per the donor selected (Indian / Caucasian).
– initial consultation or follow-up consultation (as appropriate) cost of fertility drugs treatment planning
– ultrasound monitoring scans
– teaching how to give injections
– egg collection
– sperm preparation
– ICSI insemination of eggs
– embryo transfer
– Airport pick up, drop and car for first day consultation
– treatment assessment or repeat screening (as appropriate) embryo freezing and storage for first year (if suitable)
– fee for freezing sperm (if required)
-fee for surgical sperm retrieval (if required)
You can contact us by filling out a form or emailing us. We will get the opinion of the IVF specialist and send you a few medical tests list that she will need to opine on your case. Once these medical tests are reviewed by her, we can plan for your ICSI cycle the next month or as per your schedule.
+ 91 8447730206
Have a question for our staff? We’re here available to help via Live Chat