IMSI stands for Intracytoplasmic morphologically selected sperm injection – This is the technique suggested by your fertility experts when sperms samples are extremely low and have less motility or have abnormalities. This technique is carried with the procedure of IVF. IMSI treatment in India is a technique that uses a high-powered magnifier with magnification up to 6000x to look at the sperms. The enlarged digitally increased pictures of the sperms enable the embryologist to observe any structural alterations and abnormality. This helps to choose the best and motile sperm for the fertilization, hence facilitating fertilization in more laps of luxury.
Why IMSI is preferred to the male partner?
- Very low count of sperms
- Abnormal shape of sperms
- Previous unsuccessful results of ICSI
- Couples with unexplained infertility
IMSI treatment with IVF –As we know the steps of IVF,
- Fertility drugs are given to the female partner for the stimulation of ovaries so that egg production will occur.
- Retrieving the eggs for fertilization.
- Then By IMSI technique, most suitable and best quality sperm are selected under high magnificent microscope and directly injected into the egg that was retrieved from female partner, thus enhancing rate of implantation and fertilization.
- Then embryologist willseek for signs of fertilisation the day once the sperm is injected into each Embryos may be transferred at any stage from the second day to the sixth day once the initial procedure.
- After fertilization, Embryo is transferred into the uterus of the female partner for pregnancy.