Can I Test My Fertility?
What does fertility mean? The ability to conceive or to have children by own partner; isn’t it! Yes! Being fertile is one of the major factors to give birth through the natural mode of unprotected intercourse, but what if, the couple has fertility related issue and unable to achieve the tag of ‘parent’ in their life – Fertility Test? Of course, you can go ahead for fertility test to check your fertility-related issue.
Yes, it is possible to do the fertility tests if you are suspecting something wrong with your fertility matter even after a long time of unsuccessful tries to get pregnant. For women, there are several fertility tests, which can easily detect whether the female is suffering from any kind of fertility-related problem. Amongst various fertility tests, some can be done at home only and some tests in the fertility lab.
Connect with the fertility Experts for your fertility tests –
One of the first steps to diagnose fertility issue is to be connected with the fertility physician. Go IVF Surrogacy is one of the leading fertility clinics that provides the best consultation and guidance and if needed treatment, that too. During the appointment, the specialist will discuss your medical history, lifestyle habit, uses of any birth control pill, menstrual cycle and if any previous history of pregnancy. A physical exam will also be carried, a pelvic exam is also included to evaluate the fertility test.
Once the appointment is done, the physician will proceed initial testing as if – whether the ovulation is occurring properly or not, when the ovulation is occurring, how it is functioning, processing of the uterine during ovulation cycle. The main question revolves whether the female is ovulating properly or not. Through ovulation evaluation, female fertility test can be easily done.
Let the hormones detect your fertility related problem –
Hormones always play important role in reproductive function, so it is said that if the body is correctly producing all the hormones then everything will go smooth but if there is some issue in the production of hormones then it might happen the female suffers from any kind of fertility-related syndrome. Basically, by checking some specific hormones, the fertility experts can give you a clear vision of fertility-related matter (if any). Therefore, for the fertility tests, the female has to undergo some hormonal tests.
- TSH Blood test – TSH – Thyroid level blood test can let the doctor know about the information about the fertility issue.
- AMH blood test – AMH is a hormone, which is produced in the female’s ovaries. AMH testing is an easy way to know woman’s ovaries reserve and to diagnose any issue.
- Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH blood test) – FSH is produced by the pituitary gland and is the most chief hormones related to ovulation. FSH stimulates the growth and maturity in ovarian follicles in order to get the eggs from the ovaries at the time of ovulation. If the female does not ovulate, by that time FSH level will rise. Therefore, if FSH hormone is high then there is the sign of less ovarian stimulation and thus having the problem in the ovulation cycle.
- LH blood test – Just before the ovulation, LH rises quickly- known as LH surge. LH test can let the doctor know about whether the female has ovulated or has any issue in menses or her ovulation. PCOS can occur when LH level has gone increased outside the LH surge; PCOS leads to premature menopause or congenital condition that affects the production of hormones. If LH level becomes low, then the female may suffer from no menstruation or irregular menstruation and thus these all the symptoms directly affect the female’s fertility.
- Estradiol– is secreted by matured follicles; this is a form of estrogen. Estrogen is the chief female reproductive hormone that sums up for healthy fertility. If estradiol level is high then the female will have to suffer from the ovulation issue that means she might suffer from difficulty in the production of the eggs. High level of this hormone can also interfere directly to the level of FSH and obviously ovulation cycle.
- Prolactin blood test – This hormone is related to the thyroid and functioning of the pituitary. Prolactin facilitates and inhibits FSH and GnRH. So, again if you have been found by the test that your Prolactin is elevated in your blood then you may have the issue with your ovulation.
Summing up hormones tests include –
- Luteinizing Hormone
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone
- Free T3
- Total Testosterone
- Free Testosterone
- Some other tests are –
Cervical Mucus Test – Cervical mucus also be referred to as cervical fluids. Cervical mucus is secreted by the gland found in and around the cervix. The issue in cervical mucus can get in the way of conception. Hormonal change can change the amount and consistency of this mucus. Problem with the consistency makes problematic for sperm to travel the egg smoothly, and the hostile antibodies kill the sperm before they fertilize with the egg. Cervical mucus test detects anything wrong happening in the cervical mucus.
Ultrasound Test – The follicles hold the immature eggs and it waits to let released until the maturity. These follicles are checked through the ultrasound. An ultrasound test is used to check the thickness of the uterine wall or endometrium to check the situation of the female’s uterus and ovaries.
If you are confused about your fertility-related issue, then these tests would be awesome to know the exact answer of your question.